Thursday 17 October 2013

Focus Group Results



In the focus group I conducted I started by showing the group an advert for Vans, which is the brand im researching.The advert i showed to my focus group is the advert above.




I recorded the audio for the focus group i did and have uploaded it to below, I have also picked out some of the most important quotes from the conversation and written them down.

Question: What did you think of the advert?
Replies:    "very fun" "a lot of stuff going on" "very eventful" "I like the rock music"

Question: So you like that kind of music on an advert?
Replies:   "builds and image of all the things you can get up to while wearing vans" "It doesn't really show vans shoes" "showed who wears vans" "theres a lot behind the simple design of the vans"

Question: So do you think it's better if I stick to a simpler advert?
Replies:    "start off simple" "make it subtle as to what your advertising"

Evaluation

I think my focus group went reasonably well and I think I got some good feedback and information from the members of my focus group. However I know that I could of improved on some of the aspects of my focus group, I feel that I should of asked some more questions. I could of, for example asked, how they feel about vans after seeing the advert, and if the advert made them want to buy a pair of vans etc. 


Another aspect I could of improved on was I could of given the members of my focus group more types of adverts for Vans. I could have shown them the logo of Vans or maybe even an article about Vans.

Having said this I do think that overall my focus group was reasonably successful and I also found it useful to get a better idea of how I should plan my advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment