Sunday 1 December 2013

Copyright Statement

Statement of Copyright

Copyright law is a legal concept that is used to protect original work and grant the creator of it exclusive right to its use and distribution usually for a specific length of time, and receive compensation for their work. Generally the “right to copy” determines who may: be credited for the work, decide who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work and who may financially benefit from it. It is a form of intellectual property like the patent, the trademark etc. applicable to any expressible form of an idea or information.

In my project I have already considered and thought about copyright laws and that is why when it came to choosing a music track for my advert I chose one that was un-copyrighted off the site mobygratis.com. I have discovered a potential issue within my project is that I shall clearly be showing of the brand ‘Vans’ thought my advert and this a copyrighted brand as are their products.

However in this case this will not infringe with copyright law as my project is for coursework therefore it is used for educational purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment